Sleep disorders hinder patients everyday life from the day to the night. Sleep disorders are conditions that must be treated. They can keep patients from getting a full night’s rest and productivity during the day. Some causes for sleep disorders can be pre-existing medical conditions like asthma, nasal and sinus inflammation, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, high blood pressure, anxiety and clinical depression. Other nonmedical factors include poor sleep habits, lifestyle factors, stress and diet.
- People with sleep disorders often are stressed in their daily lives.
- The ability to concentrate becomes harder for patients with sleep disorders.
- Anxiety often plagues patients with sleep disorders by making daily tasks more
stressful and difficult to achieve.
- People often exhibit snoring at night, as noted by their sleep partner.
- Patients can have a habit of grinding their teeth while sleeping.
- Difficulty maintaining a regular sleep schedule.
- Fatigue even after what seems to be a full night’s rest.
- Daily naps taken to get through the day.
- Waking up several times during the night.
- The need for caffeine daily during the day to keep you up and alert.
- Poor sleep hygiene.
- Sleepwalking or night terror might be a result of a sleep disorder.
- Sleep talking could indicate a sleep disorder.
- Morning headaches could result from lack of sleep.
- Physically feeling ill or discomfort throughout the day.
- Slow reaction to simple daily instances.
- Poor organizational skills.
- Poor motivation to do daily tasks.
- General personality changes.
If you identified with more than two of these and feel strongly that you could benefit from our sleep disorder treatments, be sure and
contact us today to see if you have suffer from a sleep disorder.
We have offices waiting to help you today in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Garden City