CONCIERGE MEDICINE BY SLEEP MD
Get a Telemedicine Consult and we ship you the Sleep test kit
**Covered by Most Insurance
Insomnia consumes the life of people with this disorder by hindering their sleep patterns. Insomnia makes it difficult to maintain sleep and perpetuates a feeling of an unsatisfied night’s sleep. It causes fatigue and uneasiness throughout the patient’s day. Less sleep from insomnia can prohibit social and occupational growth. Some sleep disorders like obstructive sleep apnea and restless leg syndrome can manifest into insomnia. Medical conditions can also manifest into insomnia.
One type of prominent insomnia would be Psychophysiologic Insomnia. Psychophysiologic insomnia occurs in around 15% of patients with insomnia. This insomnia is a direct result and response to a stressful event in a patient’s life. Patients will analyze an event at night with a mental hyperarousal state which creates insomnia. Patients are preoccupied with worries at night and create a continuous or chronic cycle of insomnia and poor sleep. Each night of insomnia builds from one night to another snowballing its symptoms.
Get the best insomnia treatment NYC has to offer with Sleep MD. We help the New York City area with locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.
- People with insomnia report difficulty sleeping at night.
- They wake up repeatedly in the middle of the night.
- There is a lack of energy throughout their day.
- People become forgetful of tasks and have trouble recalling thoughts.
- Mood and behavioral have roller coaster like symptoms.
- They become less involved in work or school.
- They might suffer from depression due to lack of sleep.
- Address your problems of insomnia with the help of Dr. Shukla and his team.
- Identify root of your insomnia disorder.
- Deal with stress and worries on own or with help.
- Re-adjust your night routine.
- Avoid naps to tire yourself out for a long sleep at night.
- Get exercise.
- Get rid of electronic use before bed.
- Educate yourself with insomnia disorder by doing research.