CONCIERGE MEDICINE BY SLEEP MD
Get a Telemedicine Consult and we ship you the Sleep test kit
**Covered by Most Insurance
It is a chronic condition that must be treated. Sleep apnea is difficult to measure for children, but studies have found that at least 2 to 3% of children suffer from sleep apnea. If left untreated pediatric sleep apnea can result in learning deficiencies and behavioral problems.
Exercise and healthier habits can help patients with sleep apnea maintain a better lifestyle to improve their symptoms. Patients can also practice relaxation techniques like yoga, massage therapy, breathing exercises and more more to help curb their sleep apnea.
- People with sleep apnea are sleeping as this condition materializes, therefore making it hard to notice. It is usually a partner or family member who notices the symptoms of sleep apnea.
- Chronic snoring during the night.
- Sleepiness during the day is another factor that comes with sleep apnea. Victims of leep apnea will find themselves even falling asleep throughout the day.
- Headaches are another common factor.
- Memory loss and difficulty concentrating throughout the day.
- Personality changes including mood changes.
- The prominent signs of sleep apnea would be snoring, gasping or breathing irregularities.
- Recurring anxiety.
- Complications learning and retaining information.
- Sore throat or dry mouth upon waking up.
- Children with sleep apnea are known to stop breathing at least 10 to 60 times per night.Snoring and pauses in breathing throughout the night.
- Restless sleeping for children.
- Children will become sleepy during the day. Behavioral problems for some children.
- Deficiency in everyday activities like retaining information at school.
- Hyperactivity increased in children’s behavior.
- Children with sleep apnea generally breathe through their mouths.
At home and cheap alternative mouth pieces have been shown to be inferior to those that are provided by a dentist and sleep doctor that specialize in sleep disorder treatment. The Mandibular Advancement Device is molded by our dentists specifically for each patient. It has a personalized attack to fight each patient’s sleep apnea.
We have offices waiting to help you today in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Garden City